Commissioner stops contact after being called out

Luna996

So I've ran into a first case dilemma with a commissioner that has commissioned me. Their commission is at this rate about 85-90% done, but decided to stop contact with me (and possibly block me) on Discord after I called them out for constantly trying to flirt with me when I've told them to stop multiple times and wasn't interested, and that at this point after told multiple times I started to consider it sexual harassment.

I did manage to message them on FA, but still; how do I deal with this? The artwork's almost finished, and I was going to refuse to do art with them afterword due their persistent flirting with me.

I do have a refund policy, but with their commission nearly done, should I just finish, upload it and call it that?

I've never dealt with a client that's been like this before, and I don't even know if such behavior could even warrant a beware towards female artists. I have some proof but even then idk if it'd be worth it.

My main concern is: I have a commissioner who cut contact after I called them out for their persistent inappropriate behavior before delivery of product. What do I do?

Edited by Luna996

• Administrator

Client effectively cancelled the commission. Here are your options:

•Refund partially since they bounced

•Refund in full to sever yourself from them

•Do absolutely nothing OTHER THAN collect your evidence of their behavior, that they blocked you, that you did the work, etc. If you used something like Telegram you should have done this yesterday so to speak due to the way people can basically self-destruct their misdeeds on that service.

Do I suggest a beware? Possibly. If you really felt uncomfortable and it was to a degree that you feel femme presenting artist's would need that warning; then proceed and the mod team can review.

15 minutes ago, Xaila said:

Client effectively cancelled the commission. Here are your options:

•Refund partially since they bounced

•Refund in full to sever yourself from them

•Do absolutely nothing OTHER THAN collect your evidence of their behavior, that they blocked you, that you did the work, etc. If you used something like Telegram you should have done this yesterday so to speak due to the way people can basically self-destruct their misdeeds on that service.

Do I suggest a beware? Possibly. If you really felt uncomfortable and it was to a degree that you feel femme presenting artist's would need that warning; then proceed and the mod team can review.

That's the problem. The art is almost done at this point where the final colors (shading was done) of my character was all that was left, and I have 2 clients who can vouch for me that I was streaming art and working on the remaining flats, and in my ToS while I offer 25% if I just started coloring, I don't refund people when I hit shading because basically, the art's done.

My ToS: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/7326508/

And even before I noticed I was in the middle of adding the last colors needed, going to notify them and all my friends/acquittances in the US of the romaine E.coli outbreak once again, and that's when I saw they'd removed me.

I mean I can refund them, but with their art piece essentially done, many WiPs being given, they're basically  getting free art if I do. So then what?

Based on your responses, I would say just finish the art. Are you needing info from them or anything? Cause if not, I don't see why you need contact with them at this point, since it's just time to finish the art and you send the final. At least in a case like this where it's almost done. 

If you have their email or paypal email, I'd also send the final file there. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Luna996 said:

So then what?

Then finish it, and hold onto it just in case they try to cry you stiffed them. Unless you can email it or find another way to give them the finished product with as little con

IMHO harassers get... pardon my "french" but fuckshit all. If you say he blocked you because you turned him down and called him to the table for his actions; he forfeited the art and the funds. I only gave the options I did to be fair, without additional work to you because again to me they forfeited the product by blocking you.

14 hours ago, Xaila said:

Then finish it, and hold onto it just in case they try to cry you stiffed them. Unless you can email it or find another way to give them the finished product with as little con

IMHO harassers get... pardon my "french" but fuckshit all. If you say he blocked you because you turned him down and called him to the table for his actions; he forfeited the art and the funds. I only gave the options I did to be fair, without additional work to you because again to me they forfeited the product by blocking you.

Will do. I sent them a link to their art along with a notification that I will no longer be accepting further business with them. So far they are ignoring my notes on FA, which I frankly don't care at this point because of the guy's behavior, but I'm documenting everything else should they attempt anything.