Client keeps asking for shipment

Alkraas

Hello AB community!

I create badges and theres one client that is asking me for their badge. I shipped their badge on the 28th of October, 2019 with tracking number from Germany to the US. The badge is already in the US since the 30th of October and listed as "Processed through Facility, ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)". This stage can take several days.

What should I do if they keep asking though? I can't speed up the shipping, that's out of my control. It's not that they bother me, it's just that theres nothing I can do as of now. I can't send in a report to my mailing company yet, since two weeks have not yet passed where the status has not changed.

• Administrator

Inform them that international shipping can take around a month. If German postal usually shows packages as delivered when it hits the final destination, let them know you'll be monitoring the tracking number. If it doesn't show delivery status once it hits the US, tell them to keep an eye out and let you know if it doesn't arrive after a month.

I've recieved plenty of shipments from Europe, and usually things are at my doorstep well before a month.

@Celestina Oh, I did! I usually give them the link for the tracking of our German mailing website. Once the badge left Germany, our tracking website freezes and stops showing activity there. So I enter the number on USPS and send them that link later on with a message like "Hey, your badge arrived in the US, you can track your badge here from now on: (link)".

They asked me before shipping it how long it can take too, and since I sent out bunches of badges, I told them 2-3+ weeks since they're living in Nevada (all my shipments always arrive in NY first, then get transported by car).

I'm just unsure what to do if they keep asking about it 😕

• 1 month later...

This is an older post, but it may also be worth putting a customs warning in your TOS/Expectations sheet.  When I ship physical items out of the country, I always experience huge delays.  Canada and Germany are the worst for me.  I had something disappear in customs for three months.  I'd filed inquiries and insurance claims and heard nothing back, and suddenly one day everything got closed without comment, and two days later the person emailed to say they finally got their package.

I have a clause for exactly these scenarios in my TOS.  If a package arrives and the item is damaged, I'll refund an order before the insurance goes through.  If a package is lost, refunds happen after insurance goes through, since half the time the claim seems to be what kicks someone into actually trying to find it.