commissioner cut off contact and goes missing, can’t deliver their drawing, they have paid in full

mellow

hello, this is my first time posting here, my English is rather poor so sorry if i make any mistakes

one of my commissioner and i were talking and became friends so i added them to my private groupchat with my other close friends 

then, they had a conflict with one of the people there in private and left and blocked/unfriended me, then deleted their account, and i haven’t heard from them since, and i can’t message them

they seemed like a really private person (gave me the impression that they have social anxiety) and i don’t think they would appreciate me posting about them in public and asking them to show up

what should i do? it’s been a month or so. their drawings are already half way done and the rest are awaiting their approval 

i will soon try messaging them everywhere including their personal email, or ask someone who kept contact to do it for me,(im not sure there is), but what if they still won’t reply? what if this bothers them? 

thanks in advance!

• Administrator

This would be considered an "abandoned" commission.  If you don't have how these are handled in your ToS, now is time to add it.

Since you were blocked everywhere it can be handled in two ways:

1. You issue a full refund and resell the sketch as a YCH.  This can prevent further bad feelings on their part.
  2. You issue a partial refund for what you haven't finished yet, stating they've made the commission impossible to finish.

If it were me I'd do option one just to avoid the hassle of chargebacks in the future and any issues of bad feelings.

6 hours ago, Celestina said:

This would be considered an "abandoned" commission.  If you don't have how these are handled in your ToS, now is time to add it.

Since you were blocked everywhere it can be handled in two ways:

1. You issue a full refund and resell the sketch as a YCH.  This can prevent further bad feelings on their part.
  2. You issue a partial refund for what you haven't finished yet, stating they've made the commission impossible to finish.

If it were me I'd do option one just to avoid the hassle of chargebacks in the future and any issues of bad feelings.

thank you for the experienced and helpful insight! ill try one of these if i don’t find them after i try to this one last time😄

• 1 month later...