Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alkraas

Commission is finished - Client unresponsive

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I finished an order for a client some days ago on Twitter. They saw the finished images as indicated by the blue check. I asked them if they wanted changes, read, no response. Some time later, I asked how they wanted to recieve the high res files, read, no response.

I'm worried that something may be wrong or they don't like it, but I can't know this if they don't respond. Should I upload the images to sta.sh and just give them the links if they ultimately dont respond? I'm unsure what to do here...

Edited by Alkraas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yikes.  Nothing is more stress inducing than getting a response like that.  My instincts would also lean towards something being wrong.  You can either deliver those links, or if you're willing to make changes or hear out the client you could open the door for them to talk to you.

Something like "Hey!  I've noticed my messages keep being read.  I just want to check in and ensure everything is ok before I drop in the links?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Celestina said:

Oh yikes.  Nothing is more stress inducing than getting a response like that.  My instincts would also lean towards something being wrong.  You can either deliver those links, or if you're willing to make changes or hear out the client you could open the door for them to talk to you.

Something like "Hey!  I've noticed my messages keep being read.  I just want to check in and ensure everything is ok before I drop in the links?"

Thanks! I will wait until tomorrow, and if they don't respond, I'll send them a message!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Update: Messaged them, they said markings should be changed (eventhough they accepted them in a WIP prior before I went to finish them).

Anyway, I changed the makings and they saw the updated images and again decided to ghost me.

At this point I'm getting rather frustrated considering the back and forth waiting and that they kinda slow down my progress and queue. I don't know what to do with this client 😕

Edited by Alkraas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 10:02 AM, Alkraas said:

Update: Messaged them, they said markings should be changed (eventhough they accepted them in a WIP prior before I went to finish them).

Anyway, I changed the makings and they saw the updated images and again decided to ghost me.

At this point I'm getting rather frustrated considering the back and forth waiting and that they kinda slow down my progress and queue. I don't know what to do with this client 😕

Have they said anything since?  If you wanted to chase it up you can say that you please need them to respond so you can finish the commission, otherwise you'll take their silence as acceptance as the image as is.

"Hello!  I'm just following up since I've noticed you've seen the changes but haven't responded.  Is everything looking good?  I'm afraid that if these long lapses in contact continue I'm going to have to consider the commission completed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 8:36 PM, Celestina said:

Have they said anything since?  If you wanted to chase it up you can say that you please need them to respond so you can finish the commission, otherwise you'll take their silence as acceptance as the image as is.

"Hello!  I'm just following up since I've noticed you've seen the changes but haven't responded.  Is everything looking good?  I'm afraid that if these long lapses in contact continue I'm going to have to consider the commission completed."

Hi! Sorry I've been really busy these last days! After a couple of days they finally responded and said that everything looked fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...