Artist never told me a base shipped

Looking for some opinions because I don't know what to do about this at this point.

Back in October I ordered a resin dragon base from a maker. They had some life stuff going on, so they said they would be shipping a few months late which is fine. What isn't fine is that I went to check in on the status of my base last month and they said it had already been shipped a few weeks ago. Not a word was said when it shipped and a tracking number was never provided. After this I found out that I accidentally gave the wrong address. It doesn't seem like they even have the tracking for the package anymore so there's no way to find it. They told me my base was shipped at the end of March. They also told me they no longer had the tracking number, but they would resend it if it came back. I checked with the local usps and was told they could retrieve the number from where they shipped it. I told the artist about it and they said they would check on that, but it's been almost a month now and I'm pretty sure I won't hear back.

So far I've tried getting into contact with where it might have shipped via letter since that specific address is a partially abandoned building. I've also checked in with usps and it's not sitting around in the back either... I know it's my fault I messed a number in my address up but this could have been caught and fixed. Is there anything else that can be done at this point?

TLDR I lost $167 in the mail and I feel this could have been prevented if I had a tracking number.

Since you messed up your address, the base should, in theory, be sent back to the sender since nobody would be able to pick it up.

Sadly it's far too late to file a chargeback, but I would try to call Paypal regardless, to ask what you could do in that situation, just to exhaust possible options!