Feb. 15th, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Im not really happy about having to go as far as posting here, but im not really sure what to do anymore with this situation. :c
WHO: Sasha_tanaka and Terraformer,
WHAT: Sold an original piece of artwork via auction on FA in November 2011. Buyer paid via Paypal and was friendly. Artwork was shipped and confirmed delivered. January 2012, charge-back issued saying payment was not authorized and payment for the artwork was taken back as well as a case opened on Paypal. Buyer says they did not initiate charge-back. Submitted evidence to Paypal of valid transaction and proof of delivery. Weeks later got another email from Paypal saying charge-back went through. Called paypal via buyer's request and Paypal said that they are working with the credit card company to show that it was a valid transaction but will take 75-80 days before the credit card company will get back to Paypal. I gave the buyer two options with two weeks to do one of them, either send the original artwork back or pay me the money owed. Buyer says they don't have money to pay me the money they owe but they are getting a tax refund check and that they'll have the money on the 28th of February which is 6 days outside the two week time frame I gave.
November 1st, 2011 - Artwork bought and paid for.
November 8th, 2011 - Artwork Shipped.
November 12th, 2011 - Artwork delivered and confirmed via delivery confirmation/tracking.
January 24, 2012 - Email received from Paypal about buyer issuing chargeback and that transaction was not authorized. $55 taken out of my Paypal account.
Febuary 8th, 2012 - Chargeback authorized by Buyer's Paypal and Credit Card company + $20 fee for this on top of the $55 that was charged back. Paypal talking with buyer's Credit Card company but will take 75-80 days for any word from buyer's credit card company. Gave the buyer two options and two weeks to do one; either send the artwork back to me or pay me the money owed ($55).
Febuary 14th, 2012 - Buyer says they won't have money until 28th of Febuary which is 6 days after the two week deadline.
Last year (2011) at the end of October I did an auction on FurAffinity for the original artwork I did in traditional mediums (seen here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4716757/) of a Cheshire Cat. The winning bidder was Terraformer (the boyfriend) and Sasha_tanaka (the girlfriend). I mainly spoke with the boyfriend via note but he was talking to me about the original artwork for his girlfriend and she was the one who would be sending me the money via paypal. This was back on November 1st of 2011. Here's a screenshot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/salty_dog/CheshireCatBought.jpg
The final amount for the original was $50 + $5 for shipping, making a total of $55 to be sent to me via paypal. Great. All was good, got the payment and confirmed the shipping address. Here's a screenshot of this:
After that I created a label via paypal with Delivery confirmation service; screenshot:
Proof of delivery:
Come January 24, 2012, I got this alarming email to which I responded promptly with the above screenshots, info and tracking information (showing the artwork had been delivered). Screenshot of the email:
Here's my correspondence with the buyer and his girlfriend after I got that email:
I waited for paypal to update after I gave them evidence of everything. Its been a few weeks but then I got an email today (Feb 8, 2012) with this:
and this in my paypal (with an additional $20 fee tacked on to the $55.):
I noted Sasha_tanaka again about this. I called the Paypal number she gave me and Paypal said they have submitted all evidence of a valid transaction to her credit card company and that basically it will take 75-80 days before the Credit Card company will get back to them. While I was on the phone the representative was able to reverse the $20 fee but im still out the $55.
I told her she has two options and initially one week (agreed to max of two weeks) to do one of them or posting everything up on Artists_Beware:
I got this note (Feb 14, 2012) saying she can't pay until after the deadline I gave her.
Since she told me that she will not be able to pay and seems unwilling to send the artwork back by the deadline I gave her, I am now forced to take action - make a posting here to A_B.
At this point she has the original artwork for free and Im out $55 and the artwork. Im not really sure what to do at this point. I've been trying to give Sasha the benefit of the doubt but im getting to my wits end. I would just like to get the artwork back or the money im owed for the original artwork.
I received this note today:
EDIT  2/16/2012
She sent me an echeck via paypal a few minutes ago:
along with this note: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/salty_dog/Beware/9.jpg
EDIT  2/17/2012
A journal that Terraformer posted about the situation:
and I received this note from Sasha;
I never received the email she's referring to. I have posted everything I received and sent.
I felt this was also relevant: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/salty_dog/Beware/Journal3.jpg
EDIT  2/17/2012
Sasha just posted this journal:
Ill let you know when the echeck clears and then this can finally be marked as resolved.
EDIT  2/17/2012
Here is the log from the resolution center showing that I provided tracking information for the dispute:
The echeck cleared today - Febuary 23rd, 2012
This can be marked as resolved.
EDIT  3/7/2012
I got an email saying that the credit card company had reached their decision (which thankfully didn't take 75-80 days) and sided with the buyer, so the chargeback did infact go completely through. I just want to put this here to show that I am not getting paid twice or anything. If I had gotten paid twice (if the credit card company had sided with me) then I would have of course refunded the second $55.
Edited by Celestina
There are no comments to display.