Issues with Ghoster Commissioner

An artist on a social media site I use expressed interest in someone designing them an icon and I offered my services, and he accepted and paid, and I designed him his icon, regularly showing him progress and communicating with him on Telegram. Given that he was astounded at my work, he told me he was seriously considering sending me more money (I had only charged him US$20 since I'm not a "professional"). When it was done, he approved it, and then I asked him if it was okay to post it publicly, only to get no response whatsoever, and he posted it publicly on said social media site. I repeatedly attempted communication with him there, noting that he was linking to the wrong username on the site, and even sent private messages every time he made a new post on the site (which was about once a week to every few days), only to get no response at all despite apparently having time to make other posts. I could easily make a drinking game of being ghosted like this (albeit on non-commission things in cyber communication), and it really distresses me. How should I deal with this? Is he bewareable? 

Edited by GRemy84
Minor edit

• Administrator

We have told you repeatedly we do not deal in beware hypotheticals (we deal in facts and evidence, not summaries) for advice posts. You submit to our queue and get your answers that way. 

But I'll entertain you this once.

Ideally if this client has paid you and is using the product, you're more than welcome to display it. 20$ USD doesn't grant posting exclusivity  to the client. But if they aren't crediting you properly it MIGHT fall under a Caution.

Although last I recall you are an "AI artist", are you not? If that's the case don't bother at all, we wouldn't take it if you paid us.

• Senior Staff
Posted (edited)

No, this is not beware-able. It's too negligible of an issue to make a whole cautionary post about. You've been paid so you've not been ghosted on that front. If you made the work then you have the right to post it so you don't need permission from the client unless you had previously agreed to withhold posting it. If they're not crediting it, you can always file a DMCA takedown.

Edited by armaina

48 minutes ago, armaina said:

No, this is not beware-able. It's too negligible of an issue to make a whole cautionary post about. You've been paid so you've not been ghosted on that front. If you made the work then you have the right to post it so you don't need permission from the client unless you had previously agreed to withhold posting it. If they're not crediting it, you can always file a DMCA takedown.

Okay, understood. Thank you.