Artist stops responding to commison idea halfway through conversation

washup

I was corresponding with an artist and they said they were alright with the commison idea I was thinking of, however they wouldn't be opening commisons for a while. I said I was alright with that and would be happy to wait until they opened again, but we decided to still talk through my idea. They asked for a detail about the character which I answered and suddenly they have gone radio silent. I don't think what I said was offensive to them, at least I hope not (just about a detail of the characters design) but  if I did is it normal to just stop responding mid conversation without explaining that? It's been a few days and I'm not sure if they are busy or they are waiting to respond when they open officially again, just worried

thanks for reading 

It's entirely possible that they just got distracted by something and left the message hanging. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be rude, probably just simply forgot. I've done that many times. When I'm juggling multiple conversations or doing something else while chatting, sometimes I just lose track and accidentally stop responding.

I'd leave it be until they open up for commissions in the future. When they do, message them and ask if they are still interested in the idea you discussed previously.

1 hour ago, BaronVonClop said:

It's entirely possible that they just got distracted by something and left the message hanging. I'm sure it wasn't meant to be rude, probably just simply forgot. I've done that many times. When I'm juggling multiple conversations or doing something else while chatting, sometimes I just lose track and accidentally stop responding.

I'd leave it be until they open up for commissions in the future. When they do, message them and ask if they are still interested in the idea you discussed previously.

Thanks for the advice, I'll do just that 👍