Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'dezirodz'.
This commission was initiated via Toyhouse, as such, some screenshots may need to be read from bottom to top with the way the PM system works with this site. In mid-September 2021, I reached out to DaziKidoT to create a reference sheet for a Final Fantasy XIV character of mine. After discussing the additions required for my piece, I provided their form and they took payment after presenting base sketches for the character's pose. After agreeing to one of the poses, they sent me an invoice and it was paid the same day. I received my first drafts of potential design concepts 10 days later, I selected the concept I preferred the most and confirmed that I was fine with giving them artistic liberties when it came down to the overall color scheme/design work of the clothing. This is the sketch draft I approved to move forward. I did not hear from them until October, where they informed of personal matters that cropped up. This was not a bother at all, up to this point DaziKidoT had been very commutative with me, and it's only been a month since we initiated the process. After this, I did not hear from them until November, another personal matter happened, but they delivered colored concepts for the design up to this point. I selected which elements I wished to move forward with, and later that day I received a WIP with the final draft of the design elements I wanted to keep. All work that has been shown has been of the front-facing portion of the reference, I had not received a WIP of the back-view, nor the unclothed reference which was to show my character's body scars, etc. A few days later, I received bad news regarding the commission overall. Everything was lost due to hardware issues. Admittedly, this was gutting to hear, because of how well things had gone up to this point. However, DaziKidoT was still being transparent and communicative with me that I genuinely was willing to wait things out for them to complete the work. At this point, I had no reason to believe we would run into communication issues, so I declined the offer of the partial refund. I did not hear from them until January. There was no additional progress to show, but I inquired on January 11th if it was possible to make modifications to the original concept, as things needed to restart from square one regardless. We did come to an agreement for the design updates for when they were able to resume working. Another month passed and I had heard nothing from them. I was starting to get mildly concerned about their ability to remain in contact, especially as I was nearing my window for a claim via Paypal. Toyhouse experienced site-wide outage some time before I reached out to them in February, and wanted to have another way to contact them in the event the site went down. We agreed to swap discord handles. However, I did not hear from them after we mutually added each other, I reached out to them in April to see if there were any updates, and I was informed of another personal matter, and due to limitations with accessing the site, I was willing to try and help them with at least getting the word out regarding the delay as I was not the only individual waiting for work from Dazi. This is what I posted in their thread, I have since revised my message as I have not had contact with the artist since April. On April 10th, I received a WIP of the anatomical revisions I was requesting. We agreed to little details and April 11th was the last time I ever heard from Dazi. I reached out to them in May to check in, but I received no response. At this point, I am far beyond my window with claims via Paypal, and I have no options left for recourse. I provided them an ultimatum, and later delivered the same message to them on Toyhouse in August, it has gone unread. Only this time being firmer in stating that I do not wish to continue if they do end up returning. A follow-up was sent in October to be transparent about my side of things, there has still been no response. As of September 2022, I have reached a full year of waiting for this piece, and I have not heard from them in nearly six months. In hindsight, I should have taken the partial refund offer when I initially received it.