- Artists Beware may change or modify these Terms of Service, or any part thereof, or add or remove terms at any time, and such modifications, additions, or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your use of the Site after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions, or deletions. The most current version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. Artists Beware encourages you to periodically review the Terms to stay informed of our updates.
- Artists Beware may change or discontinue any aspect, service, or feature of the site at any time, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
User Accounts and User Content
- The following terms apply to user accounts and to content submitted by users on the Site's interactive areas.
By registering for a User Account, you certify that you are:
- Agree to provide accurate and truthful information when registering an account.
- Agree to provide a username that does not violate the Community Guidelines.
Agree that the Staff and Administration of Artists Beware ("The Staff") may:
- Remove content which violates the aforementioned Community Guidelines.
- Remove, deactivate, reclaim, or rename any account which violates the Terms contained herein.
By submitting any User Content or participating in an Interactive Area within or in connection with the Site, you agree not to upload, post, or transmit content which:
- Violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements for which the sole purpose is to defame, harass, stalk, or threaten others.
- Contains abusive behavior.
- Are meme images or reaction comics that do not bear relevance to the content of the site
- Violates any law, advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials with respect to products or services, i.e. “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, etc.
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
- You agree not to reproduce, replicate, copy, sell or resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Site, use the Site, or access the Site.
- You agree not to reproduce, replicate, copy, sell or resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose the work of other Users and claim them as Your own (copyright laws regarding derivative works and parodies apply and are accepted under the Content Upload Agreement), with or without their express written permission.
- You agree not to post other's work, claiming it as your own without proper credit.
- Artists Beware reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit User Content by you and to terminate Your Account for any reason.
- By submitting User Content to the Site, you automatically grant Artists Beware the perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, host, store, reproduce, publish, display, perform, distribute, transmit, modify, adapt, and create derivative work of that Content. These permissions do not transfer the rights of your User Content or allow us to create any deviations of that content outside of the aforementioned purposes. You further grant Artists Beware the right, but not the obligation, to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Artists Beware' rights in the User Content by a breach of these Terms of Service.
- The Site contains copyright material, trademarks, and other proprietary information, including but not limited to: text, software, photos, videos, graphics, music, and sound. The entire contents of the Site are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws (United States Code, Title 17).
- Uploads to the site do not automatically give Artists Beware copyright of those materials. The original copyright owner retains that right.
Artists Beware is a distributor (and not a publisher or creator) of content supplied by third parties and Users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers or users of the Site, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s), and not of Artists Beware. Neither Artists Beware nor any third-party provider guarantees the accuracy or usefulness of any content.
- In many instances, content available through the Site represents the opinions and judgements of the respective user or information provider not under contract with Artists Beware. Artists Beware neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on the Site by any third party.
- Artists Beware may run advertisements and promotions from third-parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Artists Beware, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third-party. Artists Beware is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the site.
Third Party Accounts
- You will be able to connect your Artists Beware account to third party accounts. By connecting your Artists Beware account to your third party account, you acknowledge and agree that you are consenting to the continuous release of information about you to others (in accordance with your privacy settings on those third party sites). If you do not want information about you to be shared in this manner, do not use these features.
- The Site is controlled, operated, and administered by Artists Beware, from our offices within the USA. If you access the Site from a location outside of the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws within the United States of America. You agree that you will not use the Site in any country or in any manner prohibited by any locally applicable laws, restrictions, or regulations.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Artists Beware, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and third parties, for any loses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) relating to or arising out of your use of or inability to use the Site or its services, any user postings made by you, your violation of the terms of this Agreement, your violation of any rights of a third-party, or your violation of any applicable laws, rules, or regulations inside and outside of the United States of America. Artists Beware reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Artists Beware in asserting any available defense.
Termination and Access Restrictions
- Artists Beware reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, with or without notice. To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Texas and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Texas in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Site. Use of the Site is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including, without limitation, this section.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Artists Beware as a result of this agreement or use of the Site. Artists Beware' performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of Artists Beware' right to comply with governmental, court, and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site or information provided and gathered by Artists Beware with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable use law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and Artists Beware with respect to the Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the user and Artists Beware with respect to the Site. A printed or electronic version of this agreement and of any notice given in any printed or electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed or electronic form. It is the express wish of the parties that this agreement and all related documents be written in English.
- General Policy
What We Mean
- We can add, modify, or remove terms with or without notification.
- We may add, modify, or remove any feature(s) of the Site for any reason.
- When you register an account, you agree that you're responsible for your account and it's content.
User Accounts and User Content
- Everything in the Terms of Service applies while you are using the Site.
When you register, you afirm that:
- You are being truthful.
- Your registered name is not violating the community guidelines.
- You allow the Staff of Artists Beware to remove or modify content or usernames which violate our Community Guidelines.
By submitting content, you aren't violating these Community Guidelines:
- You agree not to upload, post, or transmit content which goes against the Content Upload Policy. Furthermore, you agree not to upload, post, or transmit any content which:
- Defames, harasses, stalks, or threatens others.
- Contains abusive behavior. We really shouldn't have to explain that.
- While we here at AB love memes, we wish to keep the amount of these images limited to images containing original VISUAL content. Please, no auto-generated memes from Meme websites or screenshots.
- Violates the law, or provides instructions on how to do so, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them. If you live in the USA, you have the right to free speech in PUBLIC spaces under the First Amendment to the Constitution. This is a PRIVATE space dedicated to fun and exploration within certain limits we define. You or others may be challenged or offended by certain things we allow -- including frank or controversial discussions of religion, politics, philosophy, sexuality, etc. -- but there are some things we do not allow. Racial epithets, serious calls to violent action and anything else AnthroDynamics defines as hateful or unacceptable have no place here.
- No Spam, no junk, no Pyramid schemes, no none of that.
- Contains a virus or other disruptive materials..
- You agree not to reproduce, replicate, sell, etc., anything from the site.
- We may remove or edit user content which violates this.
- You are giving us a license to use and display your content free of charge. You retain the copyright.
- We don't treat your content as ours, and will not file DMCA requests to other sites unless we are requested to do so.
- You agree not to post other's work, claiming it as your own without proper credit on AB.
- You agree that information posted will not be treated as confidential.
- Artists Beware owns the copyright to the collective works of the Site (the Name, software, photos or graphics, music, or sound) which we have created.
- We don't own the copyright to any third-party content.
We distribute content, but are not a publisher or creator of content supplied by third-parties.
- The opinions of third-parties posted on this Site do not reflect the opinions of our Staff.
Third Party Accounts
- You can connect your Twitter account to Artists Beware for the express purpose of logging in or creating an account.
- Artists Beware has its offices and hosting in the USA. If you are accessing AB outside of the USA, all of your local laws still apply.
- You hold nothing against Artists Beware or its Staff if your ability to access the Site is removed.
Termination and Access Restrictions
- We reserve the right to remove or otherwise terminate your account.
- You agree that you are not entering into a contract with Artists Beware, and are not a part of its Staff.
- General Policy
Last edited on October 10, 2018.