Platforms For Accepting Tips?

Kei

I'm wondering about experiences--both from artists and commissioners/fans of artists--with different platforms/formats for accepting tips outside of business transactions.  An example would be the Ko-Fi site that I see a lot of people using--leaving a small general tip for an artist that you like/support.

Does anyone have experience with Ko-Fi?  Do you just leave your PayPal e-mail on your profile rather than use a third-party site like that?

For commissioners/fans, is there a way that you prefer to give tips?  Are third-party sites more convenient for you?

• Administrator

As an artist I use both Kofi and Patreon.  My Patreon sees more action as it's more of a tip jar than what the platform is meant for.  As a client I honestly prefer to just include tips with my commissions.

I only use Ko-Fi as I've heard some bad stuff about Patreon being scraped for content, but Ko-fi has been a breeze for me. Easy for people to use and it comes into your account straight away. You also have the option to set it up like a Patreon with paid-content but I haven't done that yet because I don't get enough traffic through it to really justify the monthly cost (it's low, but still something that's not really worth my  time at this point).