Make up art

Scourge

So I commissioned an artist back in May. When I got my commission in August let's just say it wasn't what I expected. As in it was completely wrong as for as poses, character positions, and the overall theme, the only thing that is right were the characters. I told the artists but accepted the art as it was because I was honestly just that disappointed to where I didn't want to take the chance again. They, however, promised to do a piece to make up for it after finishing commissions. I just remember this as I was sorting files on my laptop. So my question is how do I go about asking the artist or should I just call it a loss because it happened so long ago?

3 hours ago, Mortymaxwell said:

I would call it a loss because you ultimately ended up accepting the final piece.

Did you have the option of requesting changes?  Could you have asked for a partial refund because you were so unhappy with it

To be honest I don't know. I was never shown a W.I.P. and was just handed a final piece. As for the partial refund, I didn't think to ask for one.

3 hours ago, Alkraas said:

I'd call it a loss as well, since you did accept the piece as was and it was a long time ago as well. Next time, I'd suggest to just ask for changes, cancel the commission if you're dissapointed and to just ask for a partial refund.

Yeah I kind of figured as much.