New Site Feedback

Kei

Cel said I could drop this post in the Site Questions forum for now.  I figure if anyone else has similar feedback, just drop it in the comments here to keep everything in one place?

+I like that mods/admins can add a visible Resolved!-type message on bewares themselves, instead of only in the comments.  Here's an example where they did so: https://artistsbeware.info/beware/submissions/kircai-r124/

+Having the site organized so bewares are separate from other posts is really nice.  Quicker and easier to navigate than using all the tags on LJ.

+Having those reaction buttons in the forum section is nice.  I personally always felt weird/lame when replying to a comment on the LJ comm just to say "I agree" and nothing else.  It felt kind of useless?  I feel I can show the same agreement now with the reaction button and it keeps me from cluttering up the replies.

• Web Admin
3 hours ago, Kei said:

Cel said I could drop this post in the Site Questions forum for now.  I figure if anyone else has similar feedback, just drop it in the comments here to keep everything in one place?

+I like that mods/admins can add a visible Resolved!-type message on bewares themselves, instead of only in the comments.  Here's an example where they did so: https://artistsbeware.info/beware/submissions/kircai-r124/

+Having the site organized so bewares are separate from other posts is really nice.  Quicker and easier to navigate than using all the tags on LJ.

+Having those reaction buttons in the forum section is nice.  I personally always felt weird/lame when replying to a comment on the LJ comm just to say "I agree" and nothing else.  It felt kind of useless?  I feel I can show the same agreement now with the reaction button and it keeps me from cluttering up the replies.

I'm very glad you're enjoying the site! Took a little while to get everything put together just so, and we're obviously still working out a few of the kinks. The Reactions you're noticing extend site-wide as well. They're on bewares, resources, etc!

6 hours ago, Alex Wright said:

I'm very glad you're enjoying the site! Took a little while to get everything put together just so, and we're obviously still working out a few of the kinks. The Reactions you're noticing extend site-wide as well. They're on bewares, resources, etc!

I'm not seeing the reactions on any bewares, though?  There's never an option for them on bewares.

Also this is odd, but I never get the reaction option on any of your posts, even in the forums section.  I can react to everyone else's posts in the forums but I never get the option for you specifically.

I notice since logging in today that it's only showing Cautions on the front page instead of all bewares like before.  I much preferred when it was showing all of the newest bewares at a glance on the front page instead of me having to navigate through several pages to be able to see them all.

• Web Admin
8 hours ago, Kei said:

I'm not seeing the reactions on any bewares, though?  There's never an option for them on bewares.

Also this is odd, but I never get the reaction option on any of your posts, even in the forums section.  I can react to everyone else's posts in the forums but I never get the option for you specifically.

My posts, as well as moderator and administrator posts all have reputation disabled on them. The reactions not being on bewares is strange though. I'll look into this.

3 hours ago, Kei said:

I notice since logging in today that it's only showing Cautions on the front page instead of all bewares like before.  I much preferred when it was showing all of the newest bewares at a glance on the front page instead of me having to navigate through several pages to be able to see them all.

This is because @Celestina updated the Bewares database with new categories and didn't set them to display :classic_tongue:. I'll fix it as soon as I can get to a computer.

14 minutes ago, Alex Wright said:

My posts, as well as moderator and administrator posts all have reputation disabled on them.

But I'm able to add reactions to Cel's posts just fine?  Their profile says they're an admin.

• Web Admin
28 minutes ago, Kei said:

But I'm able to add reactions to Cel's posts just fine?  Their profile says they're an admin.

This was unintended, and likely happened when the Administrator/Web Admin split was made. It should be resolved. The main listings on the Bewares should be resolved. Home page should also be fixed now. Still working on why Reputation can't be given to Bewares by members.

• 3 weeks later...

I much preferred when the front page showed the most recently commented on posts at the top, instead of the newest thread posted.  Now I have to dig around and hunt to find new comments on stuff that's fallen off the front page.

• Web Admin
8 hours ago, Kei said:

Also I don't see any way to sort bewares, for example viewing them as recently posted, recent comments, alphabetically, etc.  It would be nice if that could be added for the main bewares page https://artistsbeware.info/beware/ ?

This is available in the category view on the database. 

13 hours ago, Kei said:

I much preferred when the front page showed the most recently commented on posts at the top, instead of the newest thread posted.  Now I have to dig around and hunt to find new comments on stuff that's fallen off the front page.

This is an ongoing discussion. Some like it sorted by newest bewares, some like it sorted by recent comments. I'll go ahead and tag @Celestina for this.

Screenshot_20190208-123523_Chrome.jpg

• Administrator

Unfortunately I don't think we're going to get a consensus on the front page.  Users seem to be split on which way they like it.  For the sake of it being the front page, we're going to leave it as "most recent".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw that the site now has a red NSFW tag that really stands out.

Would it be possible to have such a tag for Resolved entries? I personally believe it should be more attention-worthy if situations got resolved as it's kind of a big deal. Maybe a green "Resolved" tag would fit.

• Web Admin
59 minutes ago, Alkraas said:

I saw that the site now has a red NSFW tag that really stands out.

Would it be possible to have such a tag for Resolved entries? I personally believe it should be more attention-worthy if situations got resolved as it's kind of a big deal. Maybe a green "Resolved" tag would fit.

Done!

image.png.a1b9e0faf7709ef96770ac15d384ccee.png

image.png.12e44aef8159b54d937c339871654060.png

image.png.9fbb0e2df40aec460aa0a1d08aa6986a.png

• Web Admin
1 hour ago, Kei said:

The new AutoModerator is spiffy!

Great idea and I hope that frees up some time for you guys.

Not so much. It helps that a mod will be able to see hidden replies and if one of them violates the Code of Conduct, they can respond "Rules" and the AutoMod flags it now. Still takes some moderator time.

37 minutes ago, Alex Wright said:

Not so much. It helps that a mod will be able to see hidden replies and if one of them violates the Code of Conduct, they can respond "Rules" and the AutoMod flags it now. Still takes some moderator time.

Okay, thanks for the clarification!