Category for Impersonation/ Stolen Characters Cautions?

Rendrassa

There are times when people impersonate or steal other's characters to get attention and artwork against the rightful owner's wishes. Would the site have a separate category for this sort of behavior, with the same proof usually expected for the site, of course? As an artist, I'd like to be able to search client names on here and be alerted if someone has a history of character theft before doing the art and having to deal with the repercussions.

Discussion for or against is greatly appreciated.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rendrassa said:

There are times when people impersonate or steal other's characters to get attention and artwork against the rightful owner's wishes. Would the site have a separate category for this sort of behavior, with the same proof usually expected for the site, of course? As an artist, I'd like to be able to search client names on here and be alerted if someone has a history of character theft before doing the art and having to deal with the repercussions.

Discussion for or against is greatly appreciated.

Commissioning art of a character without permission is something we allow. Provided it's the exact character and not a "seems similar" situation.

I think this would be fair in the case of commissioners who are doing this to be harmful to others, like Iceyfur who has been intentionally commissioning artwork of ace fursonas in explicit situations. I don't think it would be a bad thing to be able to warn others about this kind of problematic behavior. Even though they may be a decent customer when it comes to communication and payment, they're being dishonest in their commissioning of artwork. I'd see it as a Caution.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Rendrassa said:

Would it be considered a caution or full beware?

It would most likely be a beware.  But submitters don't have to worry about trying to categorize their submission.  We'll do that for you.