I commissioned a pair of paws and a tail, it's been six months, I still don't have them or any updates

(Repost because I did an oopsie with the first one ffff)
I commissioned a pair of paws and a tail from an artist on Etsy/Insta, it's been about six months and I still haven't heard anything back from the artist, their shop has good reviews all around but I am still worried about not getting my commission considering the wait time- unless this is how long it should take?

It really depends on their queue, but 6 months for paws and a tail seems like a long time unless they're very far backed up. Have you reached out to them for an update or an estimated timeframe to expect it?  If so and you still haven't gotten one, I would seek out a refund if I were in your shoes. 

If they aren't responding, then that is a bad sign. Unfortunately, the refund window with PayPal only extends 180 days, so it sounds like you've passed it. The only thing you can do is keep asking, and if they continue ignoring, to post a beware on them so others are aware.

Agreeing with Rendrassa, radio silence is a huge red flag.. Check to see if you're in the window to get a refund, if they're ignoring you the odds are you're not going to get a refund from the maker. I think a beware is warranted regardless of if you get your money back or not, ignoring clients is a terrible business practice.

ETA: If payment is made through PayPal (not familiar with etsy payments), and you are outside the window, you may have some luck calling and making your case. Millage may vary, but it's worth a shot. 

Edited by lunarhallow

No communication is one of the biggest red flags. People should contact the artist when the window for chargeback is about to close, and proceed with that chargeback if the artist doesn't respond with a proper update about the commission.

Since you seem to be already a little too late, all you can do is insist some more to get a response, and if they keep ignoring you, beware here, or seek legal action.