How many messages is too much?

How many contact attempts is considered too much? I don't want to harass the artist, but I've had zero responses from them.

I ordered an art doll from someone's bigcartel store in early February, and I haven't heard anything from them since. It was advertised as a sale, and "sale ends when I run out", with several dolls displayed, so I assumed it was pre-made. 

I've tried contacting them four times since then- once through their shop's messages, two emails, and a private message through their public art Instagram. They're still active and recently had an identical sale, advertising shipping within a week of purchase. I'm wondering if I should try asking via comments on their art posts, but I don't want to harass them. 

Do you have a way to get your money back (if it already pulled)? If so, I would send one more message at approximately the 4 month mark to let them know that you would be requesting a refund (or chargeback if that option is available through the means you paid through) at the 5 month mark due to the lack of contact provided by the business. 

Until the 4 month mark, I would hold off for a bit to see if they respond. After that point, I would initiate the contact one last time to let them know of the situation and your intentions due to the lack of communication on their part.

12 hours ago, VosurAekira said:

Do you have a way to get your money back (if it already pulled)? If so, I would send one more message at approximately the 4 month mark to let them know that you would be requesting a refund (or chargeback if that option is available through the means you paid through) at the 5 month mark due to the lack of contact provided by the business. 

Until the 4 month mark, I would hold off for a bit to see if they respond. After that point, I would initiate the contact one last time to let them know of the situation and your intentions due to the lack of communication on their part.

Unfortunately no, I didn't use PayPal, so I'm past that point already. That's on me, I thought I had more time. 

I like the idea of waiting until the fourth and fifth month marks.  I'll try that, and if nothing improves, I can always write a beware later. Thank you!