Is Venmo/Cashapp Secure?

Hi!

So I'm pretty new to the furry community, but not new to art. I am interested in selling adoptables at some point ( and also buying ! ) but I see majority of furry artists use Paypal. Unfortunately, I am banned from Paypal and can not use it at all to buy or sell anything, as they've restricted my account and I can't unlink my card to the banned account or link it to a new account. 

My question is: Is Venmo and/or Cashapp secure not only for the artist but for the buyer as well and does the community trust those apps / artists who use those apps? I don't desperately need to sell adopts but I would love to in the future, but can not use Paypal at all. 

Any advice would be great and appreciated ❤️

Edited by saintarachnida
typo

• Administrator

Venmo is not for business purposes as per their Terms of Service.

Cashapp doesn't have buyer protection, however if you're using it for adoptables only it's fairly low risk for your customers.  Technically Venmo is too, but I'm personally unaware of any repercussions for using Venmo's services for business.

Neither option works internationally as a heads up.  (Though you didn't ask.  Many don't know this.)

5 minutes ago, Celestina said:

Venmo is not for business purposes as per their Terms of Service.

Cashapp doesn't have buyer protection, however if you're using it for adoptables only it's fairly low risk for your customers.  Technically Venmo is too, but I'm personally unaware of any repercussions for using Venmo's services for business.

Neither option works internationally as a heads up.  (Though you didn't ask.  Many don't know this.)

Yeah, I never felt confident in doing art commissions so I only truly plan on selling adoptables. I knew they weren't international, and that's their only downfall to make it unfavorable in comparison to Paypal.I appreciate the answer !