Client Blocked because of Disagreement during a commission

Luna996

Before I start, I am canceling this commission and refunding the client to prevent the possibility of a chargeback. I was in the middle of inking their image as well but given I don't want any chance of them going overboard with this person, they will get refunded n full

So I had a client who I also considered a friend decide to basically block me on every platform (Twitter is where this started): Twitter, FA, discord in the middle of a commission.

We were both following each other on Twitter and I had made a public post about my viewpoint on the chaos happening in my country. They in turn made a reply to said post which not only was rather rude (in my opinion), but also completely ignored my standpoint. In a sense I felt they were trying to silence my voice and opinions, while also lumping me into a group of people I do not agree with.

As a result I chose to stand up for what I believed in via Twitter to clarify things, and as a result, they blocked me, and proceeded to do some on FA and Discord. Problem was this happened in the middle of a commission, and IDK what else to do besides refund them. I mean I doubt I can very well make a cautionary beware post over someone getting on me via twitter only to block me in the middle of a business transaction, can I??

I will post censored screenshots if need be, but I'm hesitant to given the fact that the subject matter can be seen as controversial/debatable.

Edit: They posted this before blocking me. I censored out the controversial stuff regarding the disagreement, but this is what they said:
image.png.e375e49e37afa3be80d8f04eed427442.png

Edited by Luna996

• Administrator

Yea, refunding would be best for both parties in this instance.  

No, we wouldn't accept a post that's about a personal disagreement.  Choosing to block someone is a personal choice.  If they somehow try and escalate the situation then we would review it.

2 minutes ago, Celestina said:

Yea, refunding would be best for both parties in this instance.  

No, we wouldn't accept a post that's about a personal disagreement.  Choosing to block someone is a personal choice.  If they somehow try and escalate the situation then we would review it.

I added a screen where they told me to keep the money, but I'm going to refund them regardless should they decided to change their mind on the premise "you didn't finish my commission"

Edited by Luna996