Advice for an old beware, partially resolved.

To preface, a beware was posted on the old LJ group back in 2018, and is still awaiting archive. I understand that I'll be able to post updates on the post whenever it goes live. Older bewares of this maker haven't been archived as of this time.

The short of it is, I feel like I'm basically being ignored by the maker after this now four-year transaction.

--------

This was for a fullsuit with payments over time. From the final payment (March 2016), it was about 8 months until the base of the head was shown. After that, there was a year of no progress. I offered a new simpler design and even supplied most of the fur. After another 8 months (July 2018), I voiced myself for a cancellation, and posted the initial beware after a week of no reply.

A month later with no response, I had attempted a Paypal dispute, but was understandably way too late. I was directed to speak with the sources for the funds, a credit card and bank, and found out that at the time, there was up to 540 days to file a dispute. This required having the dates and transaction amounts available with the accounts the funds/credit were taken from. However, because there was no due date on the project itself, as stated on the contract as the time of the commission, there was nothing to assist the dispute.

It would be another followup about 3 months later (November 2018) that I would finally get a reply. Over the course of roughly two months (Jan 2019), my fur and dtd were mailed back to me, along with the foam base. Everything was untouched as far as I could tell. It would be agreed that I would also see a refund, and that premades were being created towards that refund, and others who were also being refunded.

The premades were sold (July 2019), and it would be about 2 months (September 2019) afterwards that I had seen the first payment (about 1/3rd) towards the refund with the promise of a lump sum for the remainder, as some funds were stated to have been used for living expenses.

Initially followed up about 3 months later in December 2019, my final attempt was back in February of this year.

--------

Following the initial beware includes:
- A 2019 con a minimum of NINE new partials, plus other collaborated ones. These were separate from the above premades that were to go towards refunds specifically. These would be advertised through another maker's social media, whom they collaborated and tabled with.
- One person whom was in the old queue before my slot, whom the maker had cut ties with, with no refund. I found them through a twitter thread where they were voicing their experience. I happened to notice that the base from old photos was likely finished with a new design by the maker and sold off. 
- One other person that was on the old queue to be AFTER my slot (a partial) had their head finished September 2019. Over three years of a wait.

--------

All things considered, I see myself as "lucky" that I got any return at all. I'm not sure if I should keep attempting if there's no response, at least by email. Surprisingly, I haven't been blocked from their twitter page as of yet, which I had been following since the initial commission.

Their audience keeps growing, assumingly from their premades and few finished commissions. While they are active on twitter, most of their fursuit work is on another social media platform. Some heads, be it head only, partial or otherwise, have taken two months; another over six, according to how they've posted public WIPs.

I honestly wonder how many other commissioners will be left waiting or dropped because there is no visible queue or constant turnaround.

• Administrator

Are you asking for any specific advice? Unfortunately this reads more like a vent post and a quasi beware update, which is not what this forum is for. If you don't have a specific question your post will have to be removed  @nanomonstar

My apologies that it came off as such and understand if it needs to be removed.

I feel like the maker is making no effort for communication.

My question would be more if I should just consider things a loss at this point or to attempt to keep pushing for the remaining refund?

Edited by nanomonstar