Disappeared artist turns up again after a year, they owe me art

Fauwcks

So this artist that owes me art had disappeared a year ago and has recently turned up again under a different name. Looking through their twitter they said they'll contact people they owe, but I haven't gotten a message from them. They recently uploaded art for someone but idk if it's old owed work or a new commission.

Idk how to approach this, wait for them to contact me? Or contact them first, idk what to say. I want a refund from them, not the art.

I'm just wondering how I should approach this or what I should say as getting them to say anything about my commission in the past was difficult, and I'm afraid badgering them about it will make them just up and disappear again or something.

Idk, maybe I'm just letting my anxiety get the best of me, I feel like I'm in a no win situation here 😕

• Senior Staff

You can't let yourself get caught up in the anxiety and the what ifs, without putting your foot forward, you can't make a step towards any sort of resolution.

It's as easy as 'Hey I'm ___, I commissioned you ___. I would like a refund as I am no longer interested in the artwork.'
If they pussyfoot around the issue, post a beware and chalk things up as a loss.