Artist Redid Hoodie; Its still wrong; Refuses to do anything

theodor

I ordered a custom hoodie. Was shown no wips. An art template and then final product. Size sheet was provided with waist and length of body. Received hoodie, arms are SUPER short, marking band on arm is smaller circumference than rest of arm. Eye color is wrong. Between me giving the mistakes and getting the artist to agree to remake, there was also trouble and they were very rude and saying I ordered wrong size and stuff. Artist admits they did eye color wrong, but mailed it anyways (later says this was not true). Later I find out English isnt their first language, so they may not have been rude on purpose, but they were saying stuff like it was my fault, and following me in a chat where I asked for advice over the eyes, saying I was being rude about them and stuff. (never once released their name or the full product)

Again, no WIPs. See finished image and tracking number. Images are hard to see but looks like good. I dont notice the leaves or tail because I didnt expect them to change it.

Leaves and tail are changed. Eyes are wrong color.
 I showed a light lilac/purple, and its got super dark purple eyes. Artist says that they cant match eye colors. Never told me anything about not matching the eye color, just said they would fix it. Other hoodies use light purple, so its clearly not true. Im not even super upset with the eyes, as I understand they cant match exact, but I would have absolutely preferred they try and get it to the character at least, 

The leaves and tail are awful. The tail looks like they just put blobs, and the leaves have no details.
Artist Says " I need to lear from all this experience and talk to the team because i clearly see some weak points to improve (all the troubles mentioned before) But thats all i can do. I think 😕"

I can include a close up of the tails and leaves without outting the maker OR the character its for.

• Senior Staff

Is this artist established in their craft? Did they have any TOS or agreement that you could gather at the time you commissioned them?

Just on the barebones information you provided, the best way to go about this situation is to send it back and ask for a refund?
Or eat the loss.

In both cases, I'd think it's at least worth a caution, if not a beware regarding their work.

Honestly, It got a lot more complicated where the person I am talking to is just a translator, and not anyone making the hoodie, and the company is saying no refund, no remake. I thought I was commissioning a self employed furry artist, as thats how it was presented to me. I was never told it was a company or anything, I even paid the individual, and not a company.

I am being offered a really weird meet in person in 1-2 months and swap the 1st hoodie for cash, out of the individuals pocket, and not from the company or endorsed by it.

3 minutes ago, theodor said:

I am being offered a really weird meet in person in 1-2 months and swap the 1st hoodie for cash, out of the individuals pocket, and not from the company or endorsed by it.

- is the meet in person thing in a public place (like a convention)?

- If you waited and did the swap, would you still be able to submit a claim via paypal?

If the answer to those 2 is yes, then I'd just wait it out, especially if you will be in that area to meet them anyway. Then if they don't show up you can still file a claim with paypal and get your refund.

Otherwise, I'd try to get a refund and send the thing back. I don't think you're going to get a hoodie within the specs you wanted =[

19 minutes ago, Bornes said:

- is the meet in person thing in a public place (like a convention)?

- If you waited and did the swap, would you still be able to submit a claim via paypal?

If the answer to those 2 is yes, then I'd just wait it out, especially if you will be in that area to meet them anyway. Then if they don't show up you can still file a claim with paypal and get your refund.

Otherwise, I'd try to get a refund and send the thing back. I don't think you're going to get a hoodie within the specs you wanted =[

They explained it wrong, they will be visiting my country for vacation, and want me to mail it to them here. IDK how I would be getting a refund cause they said cash. They are adamant that they are just a dude helping a friend translate, and has nothing to do with the company.

I will likey just do a chargeback at this point.

Individual said 'not really' when I asked if it was their paypal I paid. (They said it was another company, but the mailing address matches the paypal. I didnt want to cost them chargeback fees if it was their personal account and it really is a compnay) I have no idea who I paid. I started a chargeback.

Is there anyone I can work 1on1 with a mod to submit this as a beware? Theres SO many twitter DMs and the situation is SO weird that I dont even know where to start.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, theodor said:

Individual said 'not really' when I asked if it was their paypal I paid. (They said it was another company, but the mailing address matches the paypal. I didnt want to cost them chargeback fees if it was their personal account and it really is a compnay) I have no idea who I paid. I started a chargeback.

Is there anyone I can work 1on1 with a mod to submit this as a beware? Theres SO many twitter DMs and the situation is SO weird that I dont even know where to start.

Howdy!  If you have a direct question like this, it's best to contact anyone listed on the staff page.  Forum mods aren't queue mods, and I was lucky enough that Bornes caught me on discord to point me this way.

The answer is that we can't dedicate staff to help people write bewares just because turn around is so long as it is.  :(  There are numerous examples of what a good beware is, and we trust you to do your best.  Remember, only include what's relevant and proof of your major claims.  Censor anything that's too personal, or keep it vague.  If we feel like we need more, then someone will ask you what to supply. 

With something like this that character accuracy is in dispute include the original ref and detailed pics of what was.  If it helps, break down the beware into sections with major phases of the transaction:

• Original agreement, ref.
  • Communication about the eyes.
  • Detailed pics of what you received and how you tried to resolve it.  Include here what the builder/ maker said and all of the blame they placed on you.
  • Where you are at now in the refund process.

If you need any further help please contact someone!

I just wont bother then, I wouldnt even know where to start with the fact that I was clearly buying from an overseas mass production company hiring some translator to act like I was receiving a hand crafted item. Thanks anyways. Im leaving it up to paypal dispute.