Still waiting on a commission

So I've been waiting on this commission since July 7th 2018, she offered a refund to those a year later, however, the refund wouldn't be anytime soon. Originally, she had promised she was going to start working on it almost immediately and then she took on, I guess, way too many commissions from other people and bit off more than she could chew essentially. I also noticed she forgot to put my commission on her trello as well, so I had told her, and I got put at the bottom of the list.. with like 20+ people ahead of me. 

As a person, I know how it is to struggle with bills, so I just said I'd rather have the art, but honestly I feel like I'm never going to get a refund or a commission. I'm not a very confrontational person, does anyone have any advice on what to do?

Not much you can do over a year later unless you want to pursue small claims court.

You could try an ultimatum with threat of writing a beware.

If it were me I'd just write it off at this point, unless it was a very large amount of money.

Edited by Bornes

On 1/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, Bornes said:

Not much you can do over a year later unless you want to pursue small claims court.

You could try an ultimatum with threat of writing a beware.

If it were me I'd just write it off at this point, unless it was a very large amount of money.

It was about $100, I don't really wanna do any kind of claim, I really just want the art and then never commission them again, lol. 

I feel like if I threatened, i'd just get bullied into the ground by her friends and commissioners. 

In this time of situation, I think it would be safe to create an Artist Beware. And that much is no small matter either. Collect the evidence if you can and show people what this artist has done. Sometimes even this may bring the artist to communicate with you in a public forum.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:15 PM, VosurAekira said:

In this time of situation, I think it would be safe to create an Artist Beware. And that much is no small matter either. Collect the evidence if you can and show people what this artist has done. Sometimes even this may bring the artist to communicate with you in a public forum.

Thank you qwq I'll consider it.