Very complex sitation/ closed chargeback needing to be reopened if possible.

Hello, it's been a while since I've had to post here so bare with me. I'm trying to keep this as vague as possible but I feel like no matter how I word it people may be able to figure it out.

I had a recent transaction with someone who I once considered a friend. We had a fallout over something going on in our friends circle (and overall just some very shady practices, bigotry and very clashing morals/ world views), and the artist made it clear they didn't weren't going to do the artwork. (350$ worth) and started doing the commissions after me. After our fallout, I ended up initiating a charge back because they said they wouldn't do my artwork and certainly wouldn't do it now after I was "butthurt", the artist uploaded a journal stating that I was doing false charge backs against them, they would write an artist beware on me and sic their fans onto me. My partner, who the artist ended up contacting to handle the business further as I was unable, ended up closing the disputes to try and quell the fire.

It has been months and said artist has made it publicly known on their Trello that my commissions are "low priority" and that they are taking a "fee" out for "time I made them lose" and are lowering the quality of the pieces they owe me. There is other strings of drama that have went on, regarding a private species and such but I won't get into this unless I have to go into a full beware. This artist has now since been permanent banned from Fur-affinity and is taking on more work in their Discord server.

So I guess, what I am asking is if I was to call Paypal and present them with all of this proof I have would there be any chance of me reopening it? My partner wants me to try but I get really easily stressed out over these things and he can't do it for me so we thought it was best to ask about it here.

Thank you for any advice in advance.

As far as I understand, once you've closed a dispute for a transaction, that's it: the dispute process is complete and it cannot be reopened. You should never close PayPal disputes untill you either have the art or your money (or the rare occasion when PayPal closes it for you in the artist's favor, of course).

You can try calling them, worst that will happen is they say no, but I don't believe they'll open a second dispute for you. Again, though, lose nothing by asking and giving it a shot.

This certainly sounds like it's worthy of a beware, though! An artist that has already been hired and paid stating that they will be intentionally lowering the quality of a customer's commissions as a punishment for perceived drama is absurd, especially when they won't be offering a refund for the difference in the lower tier of work. 

8 hours ago, BaronVonClop said:

As far as I understand, once you've closed a dispute for a transaction, that's it: the dispute process is complete and it cannot be reopened. You should never close PayPal disputes untill you either have the art or your money (or the rare occasion when PayPal closes it for you in the artist's favor, of course).

You can try calling them, worst that will happen is they say no, but I don't believe they'll open a second dispute for you. Again, though, lose nothing by asking and giving it a shot.

This certainly sounds like it's worthy of a beware, though! An artist that has already been hired and paid stating that they will be intentionally lowering the quality of a customer's commissions as a punishment for perceived drama is absurd, especially when they won't be offering a refund for the difference in the lower tier of work. 

Will be doing so as a last resort, thank you for your input.