Refund on cash commssion?

theodor

How do you accept a refund for a cash commission?

I purchased a commission at a con, and it seems to be going downhill. Getting cash back isnt an option. Should I push for e-transfer, or paypal while they pay the fee?
And if they demand paypal but they dont cover the fee, and I am out money, then what?

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, theodor said:

How do you accept a refund for a cash commission?

I purchased a commission at a con, and it seems to be going downhill. Getting cash back isnt an option. Should I push for e-transfer, or paypal while they pay the fee?
And if they demand paypal but they dont cover the fee, and I am out money, then what?

Paypal or sending via Zelle are options.  If Paypal just bear in mind they can file a claim to get it back.  Alternatively it can be sent back Friends and Family.

Zelle is a direct bank to bank transfer in the US (If that's where you're at), but it does require you to give out your real name and bank account number.  Obviously that may not be ideal for you, but there's also no fees involved and they can't pull the funds back.

2 hours ago, Celestina said:

Paypal or sending via Zelle are options.  If Paypal just bear in mind they can file a claim to get it back.  Alternatively it can be sent back Friends and Family.

Zelle is a direct bank to bank transfer in the US (If that's where you're at), but it does require you to give out your real name and bank account number.  Obviously that may not be ideal for you, but there's also no fees involved and they can't pull the funds back.

Both myself and the artist are Canadian, and e-transfers require nothing but email, and 99% of banks do them for free here.