Artist hasn't worked on commission beyond sketch in almost 5 months.

HoloWolf

So on the 1st on May an artist who was mutual friends with a friend of mine was having a stream taking commissions. My friend invited me, I joined and liked their art so I got a commission. The sketch was done, but they cut the stream short for personal reasons. Fast forward to the beginning of August. The artist and I had become somewhat okay friends and I had joined their discord. I ask about an update on my commission in PMs. I was told they had gotten busy with work. This is despite the fact they have streamed and done some personal art and even a birthday stream for a friend of their's, but I decided to give them the benefit of doubt. So I waited a while again and asked for an update. They still only had the sketch and nothing more, saying again how they had gotten busy and all that. Once again after having stream multiple times and even taking a commission from someone else and having it done in two days. So now I'm upset as it seems I'm being lead on and on. I'm at the point I don't even know if I want the art anymore.

• Administrator

You have until October 28th to decide if you want the art.  After that day your ability to file a dispute with Paypal will disappear.

First thing's first:  If you want the art set an ultimatum with the artist.  They complete the art before Oct 20th, or you'll need a refund.

Second:  If you don't want the art anymore, just ask for a refund now.  If they say they can't, well you'll have to decide if you want to file that claim.  Just be aware that if you do file the claim, the "okay friendship" you have going on is over.

If you do end up filing for a claim, be sure to call Paypal if you're able to.