AB'd auctions, didn't get extras

So about two months ago, I AB'd three auctions from one artist. I AB'd because I wanted the offered extras. Were it not for the extras, I wouldn't have AB'd.

The artist disappeared for about a month, came back claiming art block, and then started posting a handful of stuff for sale. No WIPs of my stuff, no communication, etc.

Notes regarding my extras have gone ignored.

What do I do? I've sent notes, which have thus far gone ignored. Just sent an email. The artist is semi-active right now.

I either want the extras or a partial refund. My last resort is to dispute the transactions and ultimately get chargebacks and just surrender all rights to the art I bought. That would be almost 600USD in chargebacks. I would hate to do that to someone so I'm hoping there's a peaceful resolution to this that I'm just not seeing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Depending on how much time has passed since the auto-buy, you could try contacting them through the email (as paypal does keep track of emails through the transactions) and if that doesn't work or if you are nearing the deadline in which you can do a dispute, then I would recommend starting a dispute. 

As it has been mentioned in one or two topics of advice: if you do start a dispute, make sure you have all the evidence to support yourself and be ready to escalate it to a claim if absolutely necessary. If you do this, expect to no longer do any business with that artist though as this is an ultimatum. If you start a dispute and you don't escalate it within a week of the start of the dispute, the case could very well be dropped and you will not have the chance of escalating it to a claim or starting a dispute on that transaction again.

It's been two months-ish, which I've been advised by others is a small amount of time. Right now I'm getting leery due to lack of communications. I'm thinking I'll email and send a note every week for a month and, if no answers by then, give the artist a week to respond to an ultimatum email. From there I'll go the dispute route. Chargeback is the absolute last resort.

It's okay if the art isn't done yet, but I do expect there's at least one or two WIPs after two months and I do expect regular communication.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, VosurAekira said:

If you start a dispute and you don't escalate it within a week of the start of the dispute, the case could very well be dropped and you will not have the chance of escalating it to a claim or starting a dispute on that transaction again.

The time limit between a dispute being opened to being automatically closed in a seller's favor is 20 days as a heads up.

OP, you can send a note and an email being firm but polite that you do not appreciate the way this transaction is going, and that you are willing to continue but that you want regular updates.  If that yields you positive results, then great!  If not, @Borneshas written a great guide on ultimatums.