Not sure what I can do about this?

Kei

Someone has posted on multiple websites that I stole their character design for an adopt I made.  The characters both have purple colors in their design, but the one I made has several colors their OC doesn't, none of the markings are even similar, and there's other differences on top of that.

I've never had contact with this person beyond them telling me I stole their design [and they even had other people contact me to say the same things].

They asked to buy the design because it's "too similar" to theirs, but I declined to sell it to them.  Frankly, I thought it was a stupid reason to try to buy it and my ToS states I can refuse a sale for any reason.  They're now saying that me refusing to sell it to them is "suspicious".

I blocked their FA account and hid the comments since I don't want that harassment and drama on my page when I've done nothing wrong.

Right now they have a Twitter post directly naming my account, showing both of the characters, saying I stole the design, and basically calling me a thief.  People are telling them my design is nothing like theirs, but they're digging their heels in.

Is this something I can make a caution post about maybe?

Edited by Kei

• Administrator

It really depends. We don't accept behavior bewares, but if they are demanding that you sell to them as a condition for them to stop then maybe it's something we'd review. It's not a guarantee that it would pass queue, as we really would prefer to not be involved in non-transactions.

But your best course of action is to block them everywhere and let them continue to dig their hole. If they block evade or send others to do so, then report them to the site you're using.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Kei said:

Also I don't use Twitter much, though I do have an account.

Do they allow call-out posts like this?  Is this something I can report to Twitter?

I think they have rules for targeted harassment, but I've never had to use it personally.

Also the characters look nothing alike. If they want to claim that design is ""stealing"  no one tell them about flight rising and the contour gene.

Thanks.

I know I "shouldn't" feel bad because I've done nothing wrong, but hearing that the characters aren't the same from someone with no skin in the game definitely helps.

I've never had someone treat me like this before and I feel very hurt over it.

• Administrator

I'm going to go ahead and lock this Kei. If you need any more help you're welcome to ask, or make a new thread!

For folks who are coming from the artist: we keep all advice posts anonymous. If you out yourself, your post will be hidden.

• James locked this topic