How Long Would You Wait? (about adopt purchase)

Hey guys!

I hope I'm doing this right - I've been checking out this site for ages, but I only just created an account to actively participate, so I have no idea if this will turn out alright. (so @ admins, sorry if I messed up ;; )

Anyway, I have a thing I am unsure about and I thought that any of you might know to help me out. I won't be including any proof of this particular instance since it's IMO not yet caution/beware worthy, and just a general question stemming from this instance.

How much time would you give a person you purchased something from to reply to you, taking into account that something IRL might've happened and taken their complete attention?

In my case, I purchased an adopt on June 11 2019. I chose an AB version that would give me a reference added. They apologized for the delay in reply as they weren't home for a few days so I only got their Paypal info on 15th, and I promptly payed. I also gave a few details on the reference that I wanted included.

Since then, I heard nothing back from them. I sent a note on 22 June to ask about if they had an ETA for the AB add ons and if I could get the single file of my adopt before they were finished. Up til today... still nothing.

I'm assuming something must've taken their full attention; because of the "few days away from home" already and the fact that the account seems completely inactive as of now - and it's their only account I'm aware of.

So yeah. I'm not sure how much longer to wait til I should poke them again? I'm really nervous, but I also don't wanna seem pushy or impatient. ;;

I kinda don't wanna force them to act by setting an ultimatum or anything since I really really love the design. ;;;

Thanks for any and all feedback!! ❤️

10 hours ago, Bornes said:

If the adopt is 100% finished and you just need the file? 5 days max.

Just ask for a refund.

The adopt itself is 100% finished. It's just the AB add ons that aren't.

So should I poke them again? Asking how things are?

Thanks for the reply btw. <3

• Administrator

Yeup, send them another poke asking for an ETA.  Either they deliver or you'll have to escalate.  Unfortunately, there are just some scenarios where you'll have to put your foot down.

Oof, I sent them a poke and after 3d 2h - still no reply at all. Today it's exactly 2 months ago that I put down the AB. Thursday it'll be exactly 2 months since I payed and since I last heard from them.

I saw that there was someone on their profile inquiring about an "update on the status of their adopt" on the artists profile, 13 June, so two days before I got the payment details to pay mine. I think I'll ask them how things are going with their purchase, just to get a bigger picture.

Afterwards ... is there any certain things/phrases I need to include in a "resolve or refund" kinda note?

• 2 weeks later...

I am just coming back from opening the dispute via Paypal.
I sent them an ultimatum August 13, giving them 5 days to reply, but still no note was read.

I am honestly f*ing terrified.
Like, I know I'm in the right... but I can't tell if they'll lash out at me.
I don't know what to do if they, like, made a beware of ME or something ;;;

If you haven't already, compile all the evidence of the situation right now. If you have to escalate it to a claim , you might need the evidence to support your case. Also, do not close the dispute until you've gotten the work (even if the artist asks for it to be closed before continuing the work), you cannot reopened a closed dispute. If it looks like you won't get the art within the 20 day window before the dispute becomes auto-closed, escalate it to a claim. Do not wait out the full duration as some might try to do this to get the dispute to be closed automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

idk if y'all are interested to know this
but i managed to resolve the issue.
i opened a dispute and after two weeks of still not hearing back,
i wrote them a message through paypal letting them know i'll escalate the day after that message.
they got back to me on dA this morning and delivered the files (in perfect quality, so no rushed work).
they apologized and even said i could have the refund still, but i don't wanna accept both the art and the cash heghjjerjg

case closed.
thanks for your support guys <3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 9/4/2019 at 3:15 AM, worriedbean said:

idk if y'all are interested to know this
but i managed to resolve the issue.
i opened a dispute and after two weeks of still not hearing back,
i wrote them a message through paypal letting them know i'll escalate the day after that message.
they got back to me on dA this morning and delivered the files (in perfect quality, so no rushed work).
they apologized and even said i could have the refund still, but i don't wanna accept both the art and the cash heghjjerjg

case closed.
thanks for your support guys <3

Yay glad you got it delivered!