Patreon

theodor

I have a patreon that has stopped replying. They havent OKed their last patreon reward, and its about time for the next. Ive tried to get in contact on discord (their preferred method) and patreon itself. Theyre still a patron, they just arent replying to ANYTHING.

If they dont reply, how long do I hold on to their reward slots? Should I force boot them from patreon?

To me, it would depend on what the reward is. I know artists tend to have wildly different ideas of what rewards are.

If it is something tiny like a $5 Telegram sticker or a rough sketch, I'd add a clause to my Patreon page which states rewards that go unclaimed for that month (or maybe make it two, just for leniency's sake) are forfeit. Make a post informing your current patreons of the change, explain why, and probably even send the particular individual that isn't responding a direct e-mail to them personally warning them that next month this policy comes into effect and to please respond.

If it is something major like a $50+ full commission with limited slots (which I've seen many artists do as well), I'd probably just boot them from the supporters and let someone else take up the spot who is willing to respond to my messages. This is probably the easiest solution that would result in the least (potential, down the line) drama.