Rules for Participation and Commenting
The following rules are for all users to follow. Failure to do so will result in action being taken against your account.
1. Comments are to remain professional and on topic.
- No name calling.
- No unnecessary hostility.
- Non-business related issues is off-topic.
- Transphobic, Homophobic, and Racist language will result in an immediate ban.
2. No excessive personal information. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Financial situations.
- What someone is spending their money on.
- Personal disputes.
- Attempts to guilt trip artists / clients due to personal matters.
3. Dogpiling will be handled at moderator discretion.
We highly advise that instead of users repeating the same comment or sentiment repeatedly that they instead use the "like" feature. This doesn't apply to well wishes on bewares, but is geared towards preventing dogpiling on submitters and bewarees when they participate.
Do not wait for moderators to steer the comments back in the right direction. If you see multiple comments sharing the same sentiment as you, please use the like feature instead.
4. Do not pressure submitters over how they want their beware resolved.
If a user expresses that they do not want X or Y in relation to their transaction please do not force the issue.
5. Do not imply a beware does not belong here or should be deleted.
All submissions are moderated. If it's in Artists Beware then it belongs here. Users do not have the ability to edit or delete their own posts.
6. Do not ask the submitter of an advice post to PM you the name of the artist or client in question.
7. No self advertisement in bewares or advice posts.
8. No proxy.
"Proxy" or "Proxy posting" is when third parties retell issues had by other individuals. We would prefer only users directly involved in a transaction share their experiences in both bewares and the comments of bewares.
This doesn't apply to responding to advice posts.
When Contacting/ Responding to Moderators
1. Please choose one (1) moderator to contact with questions.
- It's ok if you don't understand the instructions we've sent or need clarification! We will be happy to help you.
- Questions should be only directed to our PMs or Twitter DMs. Do not contact moderators on their personal accounts.
- (At the moment our external email is down. If you would like to use email instead please contact celestinaketiza at gmail for the time being.)
2. When responding to a Rejection Notice rude or abusive behavior will not be tolerated.
- We will give you clear instructions on what to include if we need a resubmission. The items in your rejection notice are not up for debate. Resubmission explaining why you are not following some or all of the instructions will result in another rejection.
- If we are outright rejecting your post, then we will outline clearly the conditions in which you may resubmit. If there are none, then your rejection is final.
- Depending on the severity of your behavior you may be escalated to an immediate permanent ban.
3. The Report Content feature is for inappropriate content that requires immediate moderator attention.
- It is not an appropriate venue to respond to a Rejection Notice or to respond to a moderator comment. Please PM us.
- Users who repeatedly misuse the Report Content feature will have the feature removed from their account.
4. Bewares are not deleted.
- If you have proof the contents of a beware on you is false, calmly hand over the information to one (1) Administrator and they will present it to the chat.
- Legal threats will result in your account being banned from this site, all social media sites, and all communication ceasing. It is not libel if the content provided to us is true. If it is not true follow the instructions above. We do not tolerate users abusing our archive.
5. Moderator action is final.
- Contacting us to argue about why action against your account was wrong will not reverse the final decision.
- Contacting a different moderator to argue your case will not result in the decision being revoked.
Actions Taken Against Accounts
1. Polite reminders are not official action against accounts.
If your comment was not posted, but you didn't receive an official warning notice then you aren't in trouble! We're just trying to keep bewares and forum comments streamlined, on topic, and constructive.
2. Official warning notices come from the built-in warning system.
They are clearly visible on your Profile Page. After three (3) official warnings a user will be banned.
3. Temporary bans vs. permanent bans.
- A temporary ban may be issued at moderator discretion if a user is becoming too heated in a beware or forum post. They are not part of a permanent strike against a user's account, and the user is welcome to return and comment with a clean slate. We need you to take a breather!
- A permanent ban is when all three (3) warnings have been accumulated, or a user's behavior was poor enough to warrant an immediate ban. Permanent bans from Livejournal have not carried over. You are welcome to participate again with a clean slate.
Moderator Code of Conduct Violations
All moderators are to adhere to the Moderator Code of Conduct. In the event a moderator is violating these rules please contact one (1) Administrator.